Follow by Email

Friday, 19 May 2017

Mmmmmmm Mandarin


The mandarin was as ....
The mandarin is like a......

Room one has been trying their hand at similes! It's early days but we are already showing a lot of promise!!

Today we looked at.. felt.. smelt.. tasted.. mandarins and then came up with at least 2 mandarin similes each. 

My mandarin felt like ice dripping off my hand. The mandarin smelt like a tree. My mandarin tasted like sour lolly worms.
Kiarn

The mandarin tastes like sweets, and it felt like a rock on top and a pillow on bottom.         
Tyler           

The mandarin is as juicy as juice. The mandarin tastes like lemon, my mandarin is as smooth as a rock, my mandarin is as small as an orange.
Toby

The mandarin was as juicy as a treat and the mandarin was as soft as a cloud. The mandarin was as sour as a lemon. The concrete was as hard as a car.
Robert

My mandarin was sour as orange juice. The mandarin felt like a soft flower and the mandarin was cold as ice.
Rebecca-Marley



The mandarin is as squishy as foam. The mandarin smells like a tree.
Josh

The mandarin tastes like lemon juice and it is hard as a rock. The sweetness makes it taste lemony and soft like feijoas.
Luke

The mandarin is as hard as a rock. The mandarin ‍smells like lemon. The mandarin is as fast as a cat. The mandarin is like a brain. The mandarin is like a board. The mandarin is like a apple. The mandarin is as soft as a sheep.
The cat jumped like a cow over the moon. The rock is like lava.
Makaea

The mandarin was as soft as a pillow. The mandarin was as sour as a lemon.
The egg was as hard as a rock. The cat jumped as high as a kangaroo.
Leah

The mandarin was like a flat ball. The mandarin was cold like ice.
Kortez

The mandarin is soft as slime My mandarin is as sweet as a lemon. The mandarin feels like slime.
Aaria

The mandarin was as hard as a volcano rock. The mandarin was as sour as a lemon. The mandarin was like a soft cloud.
Benjamin

The mandarin smells like a leaf. My mandarin is as soft as carpet.
William

My mandarin is as squishy as a pillow. My mandarin smells like a tree.
The egg was as hard as a rock.
Olivia

My mandarin smells like a banana. My mandarin tastes like a lemon.
Aroha

My mandarin tastes as sour as sour lollies. It was as bouncy as a ball.
Logan

The mandarin is as soft as a flower petal. My mandarin was watery like the sea.
Anahera



My mandarin felt like worms. The mandarin was like a hard egg, it was as smooth as slime.
Lachlan

My mandarin is as cold as ice. My mandarin is like a scruffy tree. My mandarin smells like sour worms.
Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment