Photography!

Rūma Tahi has been talking and writing about our photography today. We took some awesome photos at school and we also had many submissions from home for the competition. 

In writing we are learning how to proofread! We do this when we finish our writing.
We find a buddy, sit shoulder to shoulder, stack our books and read our stories to see if we can:
- fix up any spelling, 
- put in any full stops and capital letters... 
and most importantly 
- check it makes sense.



Here are our reactions to some of the photos,



It looks like 1000 drones dropping from the sky and parachuting bubbles everywhere. I can see the bubbles over the world.
Ayla
It looks like 10000 rockets coming out of the solar system to go in a different dimension to destroy the planet. It reminds me of a humongous rocket blasting.
Dante
My writing is about the ice one. The bubbles are shooting up and the ice looks like there is Earth underneath. I see water in the photo.
Jah-Zia



I can see the sunrise behind Mauao.  I can see the big bright trees swaying in the sky. I can see the big and small boats. I can see heaps of big bushes. I can see some seagulls and birds.
Sam
It is half blue sky and the other half is orange. Some stuff is really close and some stuff is far away.
Isabell



This looks like the storm taking the Sun to the Earth. It looks like a bird that is getting roasted and the bird looks like a person is talking to it. It looks like a tiger that is on fire.
Isabell
The fire looks like a burning leopard on the ground it makes me think of winter time.
Tama
The fire looks like a ball of gas running down the Earth. It makes me think of a big huge star of gas in the nighttime. It looks like a golden dragon bursting everywhere.
Gabriella
I can see Ranginui’s hot burning sun trying to burn me. Also it looks like a fish splashing on me. It looks like the sun and the moon. It looks like the moon and the sun together.
Evelyn
It makes me think of a fire dragon breathing out fire. It looks like a car fire. It looks like a fire shark and fire teeth shining.
Justus
I like the slick fire and the burning sea creatures. The sea creatures fell into pieces on the fire. It is a shiny fire that is burning on the wood.
Daniel
It looks like a big fat fox with a small and tiny eye. It makes me think of Bronté’s campfire.
Clancey
The fire looks like a volcano that erupted and lava is blasting out of it’s top.
Jacob
The toasty fire looks like a toasty marshmallow. It looks like a sausage roll and it looks like the sun is reflecting off of the flames.
Hunter


I like this one because it is a bright colour, it is a shiny blue colour. I see the clouds moving around and around. The sun looks like a star, the sun is a bright star in the morning. The bright sun always shines all the time and plants grow up in the sunlight.
Calaye
It is so cool because in the big gap is the sun and it is a star. The other clouds are gathering together making shapes.
Tiria



I really like this picture, it's like a close up picture I love it. The green leaves look like the seaweed in the sand.
Tiria
The thing I like is this one because the sun is shining on the leaves and a little bit of the sun is not shining on the leaves. The colour is light green and dark green, it looks like it is windy.
Pianika



I see the uncultivated food growing higher than the clouds. I hear the wet drips falling into the soggy dirt. I see the brightest star in the world making the little plants grow higher like the other plants. I feel the mushy grass on the top of my little tickly toes.
Lauren
Fire blazing through the arch with tonnes of beautiful flowers surrounding the arch. Ātaahua, ātaahua lighting. There’s lovely shades of different colours with the cool gentle breeze  flowing upon it carefully. This is the third time writing beautiful but it's such a beautiful beautiful photo. Hopefully there’s no weeds in that beautiful garden or else… dun dun dun!!!!!!!!
Elia



I like Lauren’s nice picture because it has a lot of colours. Also I like the pretty ocean because it has a teal and blackish colour and I see the bright sun setting.
Aurelia
It makes me think that on the water it looks like a dinosaur taking a person for a ride. I like the reflection on the water. On the other side of the lake I can see an island, one side is light and the other is dark.
Logan

Comments

  1. Very artistic photos Ruma Tahi! It was interesting to read your thoughts on the photographs, it made me look at them from other perspectives.
    He tino pai tō mahi!
    Ms Shilling

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment