Tuhituhi

Some of the wonderful writing by Rūma Tahi


Never Give a Fish an Umbrella - and other silly presents


Never give a whale a skateboard. Never give a penguin a sleigh.
Tama

You should never give a swordfish a sword.
Gabriella


Do not give a striped jersey to a bee.
Jah-Zia


Never give a snail a house. Never give a butterfly butterfly face paint.
Ayla

Never give a fish water. Never give a bee a stinger. Never give a duck slippers.
Isabell

Never give a penguin a sled.
Logan


Never give a tiger face paint. Never get a turtle a shell. Do not give a tui fluff.
Elia


Never give a cat whiskers. Never give a piwakawaka a fan.
Clancey


You should never give a shark a blow up shark. You should never give a snake shoes.
Never give an octopus fighting gloves and never give a tiger a stripy bow tie.
Julian


Never give a penguin flippers. Never give a fish a boat. Never give a crocodile a toothbrush.
Daniel


Never give a tui a pom pom. Never give a whale a house.
Sam


Never give a cat a mouse.
Lucan


Never give a polar bear a bikini and sunglasses. Never give a chrysalis a sleeping bag.
Lauren


Never give a tui a microphone.
Ella


Yellow Submarine




I stole the Yellow Submarine and I am going away. I'm taking it to America.
Jah-Zia


I stole the yellow submarine on a dark and stormy night and suddenly the guards woke up.
I wasn't brave I was scared. I didn't know how to get the submarine out the gate.
Finally the propeller blasted the gate to the ocean. We lived happily ever after.
Elia


I stole The Beatles Yellow Submarine to see a narwhal, some creatures like a shark and some fish.
Then I took it back.
Logan  


I stole The Beatles Yellow Submarine and I went under the water. I saw lots of sea animals and
I saw millions of fish.
Riico


Me and my family stole the Yellow Submarine because we were going to Disneyland.
My cousin came with me. We went on the ferris wheel first, I felt very excited when I got to Disneyland.
Lauren


Meanie’s Party





I would take a pizza with worms chopped up. Also grass and I would squeeze it so they drink it.
Jacob


I would take rotten stew with a rat and a worm.
Hunter


I would take a slushie with dog poop and vomit and smushed worms and eyeballs. It would be disgusting.
Elia


I would take rotten popcorn and rotten worms.
Leon

I would bring a green pie to a Meanie's Party and worm juice and a red and blue pizza.
Gabriella


I would take a possum with rotten carrots and a shoe.
Dante


I am taking rotten eggs and avocado and pizza and seaweed.
Julian


I would bring rotten fish with toothpaste sauce with rotten marshmallows and I would
bring a rotten lemon drink!
Ayla


I would take rotten pizza with worms and worm salad and crab brains.
Logan


If I went to a Meanie’s party I would take a rotten egg salad.
Clancey


I am taking rotten pizza to the party.
Peyton


I will bring rotten jelly to a Meanies party.
Calaye


What I will take my Meanies party…  Ice block with worms and crab brains and a spider.
Lauren


I would take a hamburger that was burnt and I would bring a worm cake.
Ella


I would take smelly pie to Meanie's party. With old shoes in old bubblegum pizza yuck and disgusting.
Evelyn


I would take rotten rotten avocado and pizza with money and bubblegum on it. I would
take worm ice blocks.
Tyrese


I would take a rotten mouldy cake and a pizza with bugs that got burnt alive. Oooooo yuck.
Darragh



Other


Last night I went on my boat to Matakana Island. There were starfish and crabs and I tried to
catch one. We had sausages with bread and there was a swing and I picked up a starfish.
Tama


Dear Dad, this is how I did at swimming sports. I did backstroke and torpedo arms and it was fun.
I had fun playing with Clancey see but he lost his goggles, but Bronte shared her goggles with
Clancey and it is fun we all went to the playground and I went on the big slide.
Logan


The wind was so creepy and the leaves were swishing on the floor.
Aurelia


Me and my dad, little sister and my brother went to the country fair. I saw Ella . We went on a bouncy
castle. The next day my big sister Toha and her friend came to pick me up, we saw a baby kitten I
patted one.
Tiria


I went to the country fair. I went to the chocolate game, it was fun. I like the country fair and I
liked the tractor ride.
Hunter


Dear Nana and Poppa, I went to swimming sports I did backstroke. It was fun. I did a race
and I was proud. I had a free swim. I love swimming. From Sam


I went to the school fair. I went on the horse ride and the tractor ride and the chair-o-plane.
I went to a birthday after. It was a long day
Lucan


I have a box. In the box is special stuff. One of the special things is a little Eiffel Tower.
Leon


The wind was like a tornado and a tree falling. I couldn't get to sleep but I got to sleep at 10 p.m.
My house was wiggling like zombies trying to get into my house.

Tyrese

Comments

  1. I like your sentences they are very cool 😎

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment